Monday, June 21, 2010

The First Day of Summer


Here in my town it has felt like summer for quite a while. I took my camera out with me on errands to capture shots of this first day of summer.  Here is where I'd like to be today - on that bridge headed to the beach. I don't believe you can see that bridge too well in this photo reduced so, but it is there. This is looking at US 1 along the Inter-coastal.
     Still reeling from our exciting time at the StampFest on Saturday I have made my first card with some of our new goodies.  Last night DD and I played with some Smooches dropped in a bowl of water. This is one of the techniques we learned Saturday at the show. It is done with glossy card stock. The tips of the Smooch product is touched to the water and it floats. It can be swirled as desired. I used a new Tim Holtz embossing folder for the brick background with the purely pomegranate card stock. The tiny satin ribbon is probably from Joann's and everything else is from Stampin Up!

4 comments:

  1. pretty card, love the color you were able to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture! That card is just gorgeous! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card! I don't like making them but you make it look effortless! the technique sounds interesting with the smooches.

    ReplyDelete