Monday, May 24, 2010

New 'Shoes' on the Ole Girl Make a Difference

Didn't plan on getting new tires today. Was actually going to take a drive up to Jacksonville. We stopped at 7-Eleven for a cup of my favorite coffee and some cash from the ATM. Got a couple of blocks on up the road and remembered we had left the Garmin behind. I turned around. As soon as I pulled out of the driveway I got an indicator light that something was wrong with a tire. On inspection I could see the front passenger tire was low - too low but with enough air to reach BJ's I was sure. I had a screw in that tire. Because the tread was so low it was best to replace rather than patch, besides, all  of the tires were getting pretty sorry in the tread department. So, bring on all four.
Driving down the road with 4 new tires an hour and a half later, plus some necessities too,  I noticed how major smooth the ride felt. DD commented that "new shoes on the old girl made a difference." How true. The were the factory tires from when I bought the car and probably weren't the best anyway.
Uniroyal Tiger Paw - good enough for me! She's looking sharp now. I'm so easily delighted with the simple necessities of life.
Speaking of life, I wondered if this was Divine Intervention. I could have been on I-95 and gotten stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire - or worse. Tomorrow I am driving friends to a stamp party that is 40'ish minutes away and a flat would have not been good then either. Then, in early June we are driving up to Virginia. So, looking ahead, this was a good time to discover a potential problem - much easier to take care of. If anyone would like to share your thoughts on Divine Intervention I would love to read them!

1 comment:

  1. Nice new wheels!!! : )
    Just letting you know you one the contest for voting for me!!! Thanks for helping me out! Send me an email with your info!

    ReplyDelete