Friday, May 21, 2010

Beautiful new rose bush

Is there a more difficult rose to paint or one more difficult to forget?
We popped into a nursery and spotted this unusual rose. I had never seen such variegation so beautifully displayed especially in a rose. Had to have one.  I don't have it in the ground yet but think I have a place picked out. Here are two photos of the beauty - one earlier in the day and the other is after this blossom had fully opened the next evening.
Wanted to share this quote with you -
"There is nothing more difficult for a truly creative painter than to paint a rose, because before he can do so he has first to forget all the roses that were ever painted." ~Henri Matisse

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Joyce, I'm not a gardener, and I never plant flowers, but if I had seen this at the nursery I'd have to have one as well. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete