Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scanning Old Photographs

Going through some boxes that had yet to be unpacked after the great move south, I decided it was time to revisit some old photo albums before placing them on a shelf. A trip down memory lane, but it was more of an urgency to take care to prevent total destruction, is always fun.
Having offered to scan photos for a friend so she would have her copies on a CD rather than just a paper copy, I knew it was time I did the same for photos that I value. What about those old albums or boxes we kept? How safe are they from the elements should something uninviting happen to our collection? Today our memories are a lot safer thanks to digital photography. I personally have some photos uploaded to external sites because I order prints that way. It was a goal of mine last summer to upload the camera to my laptop, then upload to the online photo printing service at the end of each day or two. I didn't order the prints yet, but I figured if I lost the camera or the laptop I still had those great, irreplaceable shots.
Yesterday I spend hours scanning photos into Photoshop Elements. At first I took the time to enhance the photo, then when I realized the huge pile, I decided I better get the scanning done first and come back for the task of fixing them up.

Now here is a really old photo - can you guess who?

No comments:

Post a Comment