Saturday, April 17, 2010

Star of the Day

http://www.qbaroo.com/scrapattackscrapbooking/largeimage.cfm?product=6745My alligator layout was selected so I am the star of the day at ScrapAttackScrapbooking for April 17, 2010.
 It was pretty exciting to get up this morning and check out the message board and find all the nice compli- ments on my page.
I made it for a challenge on the site. We were to use stamps in the title and that is what I did. I used Stampin' Up headline alphas. The greenish circle was cut from a sheet I made using alcohol inks, another technique featured at ScrapAttack that was so fun and addicting to try. The addition of the cardboard turned out to be a fun addition for added texture. I was sitting at the dining room table pealing and my DS walked by wondering if I had completely lost my senses I suppose until I explained I wanted it for my scrapbooking. Then he understood - anything goes, weird or not - so he went on.
     The stamped "real life" fit, seeing a alligator close in the wild is pretty real. And yes, I used a tripod and a telephoto for the shot. I wanted the page to represent the whole scene from the distant view of the canal to a mid-distance view, right up to the close shot of that huge head.
     I really am trying to expand my scrapbooking style, stretching out for a new (to me) design. Looking back at my style back 10-12 years ago I have improved but can't say I've kept up with the newest trends. But hey, it's my hobby and I have tons of fun. I love looking at what the folks are doing today but it's kind of hard to break the old style habits. You that scrap, do you find it a challenge or are you content with whatever your style has become?

2 comments:

  1. Great layout Joyce! Thanks for visiting my TypePad. To answer your question I do think you could try the diamond dust technique with sprinkling the Dazzling Diamonds within the clear embossing powder. Give it a shot. I'd love to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LO Joyce Ann! You always showcase such fabulous photos! I love what you did with the inks and paint! You're a star everyday, but congrats on your official recognition at SAS! :)

    ReplyDelete